Beginning with the class of 2019, D214 students will be eligible to earn up to two years of tuition free college attendance at Harper College. For a detailed explanation of the program, including eligibility requirements, visit the Harper Promise site here.
All freshmen are encouraged to sign up for the Harper Promise for two simple reasons:
- By signing up, students will have a two years for free college option they could later opt not to choose
- Meeting, or exceeding, the minimum eligibility requirements will serve students well, no matter what they choose to do after high school.
To participate in the Harper Promise Program, freshman applications must be completed on or before December 15, 2017. Class of 2020 can sign up during registration.
Access Harper Promise resources by clicking on the links below:
- Harper Promise - Explanation (English) (Spanish) (Polish)
- Harper Promise - Application
- Harper Promise Community Service Tracker
- Please Note: The paper form is no longer used after January 20th. If you turned in a paper form, please check your Infinite Campus account to verify that the hours were recorded.
Participating students will be notified, in August of each following year, about their continued participation in the Harper Promise Program or their inability to participate because they did not meet one or more program criteria. After receiving that notification, anyone who did not meet criteria because of extraordinary circumstances will be able to appeal. A form for that process can be found here:
Q. How many community service hours are required?
A. Freshmen: 5 hours
Sophomores: 10 hours
Juniors: 15 hours
Seniors: 20 hours
Q. When may freshmen students begin earning their 5 service hours required for their freshman year?
A. Freshmen may begin during second semester.
Q. When may sophomore students begin earning their 10 service hours required for their sophomore year?
A. After July 21, 2016, until July 20, 2017.
For other information or questions, including service hours and attendance, contact Harper Promise at:
- 847.925.6391 or