Harper Promise Scholarship
Beginning with the class of 2019, D214 students will be eligible to earn up to two years of tuition free college attendance at Harper College. For a detailed explanation of the program, including eligibility requirements, visit the Harper Promise site by clicking here. (Spanish) (Polish)
All freshmen are encouraged to sign up for the Harper Promise for two simple reasons:
By signing up, students will have the option to attend two years of Harper College tuition free, an option that they can later choose whether or not to accept.
Meeting, or exceeding, the minimum eligibility requirements will help students no matter what they choose to do after high school and make it easier to attract other scholarships.
To participate in the Harper Promise Program, freshmen must register online, checking the "enroll" box during the general registration process in Infinite Campus or by completing Harper Promise Program Application below and returning it to the College Career Room (CCC), on or before December 15, 2017.
Registration and Recommitment
Freshman may register in ONE of the following ways:
- Online during the general registration process in Infinite Campus by clicking the “enroll” box
- Completing the paper Harper Promise Program Application and returning it to the College and Career Center (CCC) on or before December 15, 2017.
Sophomores and Juniors must recommit each year:
- Students must recommit via a survey in Infinite Campus before 09/08/17
Community Service Tracker
- Instructions: Community Service Tracker
- Click here to log community service hours online.
- When accessing and completing the on-line form you MUST:
- Use Google Chrome as your browser.
- Log into your GAPPS email account to access the form.
- Use the form for logging hours. Parents can not complete the form.
- Students are encouraged to enter hours throughout the year as they earn them. All hours must be entered before Friday, July 20, 2018.
- Required Community Service Hours:
- Class of 2021: 5 hours (must earn during 2nd semester)
- Class of 2020: 10 hours (earned from July 22, 2017 - July 20, 2018.
- Class of 2019: 15 hours (earned from July 22, 2017 - July 20, 2018
- Looking for a way to earn hours? Consider visiting www.volunteermatch.org.
Students in the class of 2020 and 2019 will be notified in August 2017 whether they met the criteria to continue in the program. Students dropped from the program may appeal if they did not meet criteria because of extraordinary circumstances.
Click here to access the Appeal Form that must be emailed to Harper College (email address on form) by September 15, 2017.
For other information or questions, including service hours and attendance, contact Felicia Walter at (847) 718-7734 or email@example.com.