We recommend that students with special needs start navigating their post-high school plans as early as possible. The Directions College & Career Fair provides information and opportunities for support for sophomores through seniors and their parents.
Admissions and Financial Aid Timeline
- Write a personal statement and possibly self-disclose the disability
- Release current psychoeducational testing (as needed)
- Release documentation of other health-related disabilities
- Be sure that documentation includes a description of the disability and recommendations
- Be sure to get copies of entire special education file, including accommodations, testing assessments, IEP summaries and summary of performances to have in your own personal file after graduation
Directions College & Career Fair:
Resources for Students with Special Needs
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Forest View Educational Center
Directions Fair Webpage