Harper Promise Scholarship
Beginning with the class of 2019, D214 students will be eligible to earn up to two years of tuition free college attendance at Harper College. For a detailed explanation of the program, including eligibility requirements, visit the Harper Promise site by clicking here. (Spanish) (Polish)
All freshmen are encouraged to sign up for the Harper Promise for two simple reasons:
By signing up, students will have the option to attend two years of Harper College tuition free, an option that they can later choose whether or not to accept.
Meeting, or exceeding, the minimum eligibility requirements will help students no matter what they choose to do after high school and make it easier to attract other scholarships.
To participate in the Harper Promise Program, freshmen must register online, checking the "enroll" box during the general registration process in Infinite Campus or by completing Harper Promise Program Application below and returning it to the College Career Room (CCR), on or before December 15, 2018.
Registration and Recommitment
Freshman may register in ONE of the following ways:
- Online during the general registration process in Infinite Campus by clicking the “enroll” box
- Harper Promise Program Application: Complete the paper application and return it to the College and Career Center (CCC) on or before December 15, 2018.
Sophomores and Juniors must recommit each year:
- Students must recommit via a survey in Infinite Campus before 09/14/18
Community Service Tracker
- Click here to enter community service hours in Transeo. Students should use their student email/password to login.
- Students are encouraged to enter hours throughout the year as they earn them. Hours for freshmen-juniors must be entered before Friday, July 19, 2019. Seniors must log their hours by Monday, May 13, 2019.
- Required Community Service Hours:
- Class of 2022: 5 hours of community service are required during the second semester of freshman year.
- Class of 2021: 10 hours of community service, earned from July 20, 2018 through July 19, 2019.
- Class of 2020: 15 hours of community service, earned from July 20, 2018 through July 19, 2019.
- Class of 2019: 20 hours of community service, earned from July 20, 2018 through May 13, 2019.
- Looking for a way to earn hours? Click here.
Students in the class of 2020 and 2019 were notified in August 2017 whether they met the criteria to continue in the program. Students dropped from the program may appeal if they did not meet criteria because of extraordinary circumstances.
For other information or questions, including service hours and attendance, contact Felicia Walter at (847) 718-7734 or email@example.com.